Wednesday 15 August 2012

Scotland

Well, we're now in our new home in Scotland. I like Glasgow quite a lot so far.

We've been in our house for a week now. Moving was hard work with a toddler and we are still only half unpacked. Trying to sort out a new place for everything isn't easy, especially since we've moved into a smaller place. I do like the flat though.

Our location is brilliant. It's a one minute walk out to a major road that is absolutely filled with shops, restaurants and cafes. There are also loads of charity shops and I can't get over how cheap they all are compared to down in Carlisle. I love a good bargain and don't mind second hand toys for Isaac at all. I even picked him up a brand new pair of Ted Baker jeans for 75p.

There's an American breakfast and lunch cafe a very short walk from us. I haven't been in yet but I'm looking forward to trying it. The owner is from Scotland but he spent five years living in New York City and Florida and has modelled his shop on NYC cafes. He even imported a NYC police car and a NYC cab that sit in front of his shop and also get hired out. He parks the cars across from our flat at night and he was driving the police car yesterday while we were out there. I was pointing it out to Isaac and the guy turned on the lights and sirens for Isaac and he got so excited. Now he's constantly pointing out the car.

Last weekend my father-in-law and his wife came up to see our new place and we went out for lunch and coffee and also took them to the university and to the Hunterian Museum there. It was a really nice day. At the moment they're talking about coming up every other weekend. Not sure if that will actually happen but I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment