Friday 16 March 2012

Five Question Friday {1}

1. Will you run to the store or to pick up a kid looking a mess?

Absolutely. I don't go out in pajama bottoms, or anything, but I will throw something on and run out if it's for something quick. It's something that seemed fairly normal in the US but isn't really done here in the UK so I really only do it if it's late at night and I need to run to the store. 

2. Do you finish a book if it's boring or you don't like it? 

I used to insist on finishing every book I started. I just couldn't quit reading a book that I had started. But last year I started abandoning books that I didn't like or that I couldn't really get into. I decided my time is too precious to waste on something simply because I didn't want to be a quitter. I abandoned one book last year and three already this year!

3. Beach or mountain vacations?

Definitely beach but probably not tropical or hot beaches. I grew up in Washington state and those are the kind of beaches I love. I also lived in northern California for several years before moving to the UK and I loved the beaches there too. And here in the UK... nice, quiet, cool and windy beaches. I've been to Hawaii and it was nice but definitely not the kind of beach I prefer.

4. What thing/event says "winter will end and spring is right around the corner" to you? 

My birthday is in the beginning of March and that is always my "marker" to remind me that it's time to get ready for spring.

5. Would you prefer couples or family vacation?

Little Man is two and we've yet to have a family vacation, so definitely family vacation. We've gone to America with him to visit my family but that's not the same as a vacation. My husband and I have had a lot of getaways together before the little one was born and they were nice, but right now a family vacation would be awesome.  



1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed reading your answers to this week's 5QF =)

    ReplyDelete