Wednesday 14 March 2012

Wishing the Day Away

Today is one of those days that would be spent lounging around in bed all day if it weren't for having a toddler.

I'm not feeling well. I'm a bit sick and I'm too warm and I'm very tired. It's the kind of day that needs to be spent in bed under the covers with the windows wide open and a good book in my hands with lots of coffee.

Instead, I'm on the couch randomly sweating with the window open, laptop on my lap, CBeebies streaming online, toddler running around yelling, while I'm just wishing for a nap....  for both of us.

The little one isn't well at the moment either. Saturday night he got a high fever. I was able to bring it down with medication but it's been off and on for the past four days now. He now has a bad cold on top of it. His sleep schedule has been so wacky because of it. Last night we didn't go to bed until 1am because of the naps he'd had during the day. When he's sick, I just let him sleep when he wants during the day. I pay for it, but it's what's best for him.

I can tell it's going to be a long day. All I'm looking forward to right now is a shower and my Slimming World meeting tonight because I know it will feel good to get out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment