Saturday 31 March 2012

University of Glasgow Open Day

On Tuesday the University of Glasgow had an open day for the students starting this fall. Hubby and I drove up to check it out and to help him get some answers to questions he had.

I forgot how much walking you do on university campuses! We were all over the place, uphill and downhill. My legs ached all the way around for the next two days!

It felt strange to be on a campus. I'm 34 and my husband is about to turn 32 so we were obviously quite a bit older than most of the people there (most of whom had their parents with them) but it surprisingly didn't bother me or make me feel old. I think with age just comes more self-confidence and definitely less of worring about what other people think of me.



University of Glasgow is one of the ancient universities here being founded in 1451. The older parts of campus were absolutely gorgeous. I think my university was pretty but you can't compare it to ancient Scottish buildings!



Now that we've seen the campus and a bit of the West End I'm feeling better about moving up there. I know it's going to be a huge change from where we are now but hopefully I can get myself and Isaac involved in some things to help us settle and make friends. Man, it's so hard making friends as an adult when you don't know anyone already.





All of the pictures were taken on my phone so they aren't the greatest but I had to share some.

The main thing I'm kind of stressing out about at the moment is finding a place to live. Ideally, we'd like to be within walking distance of campus so that my husband can't walk. But three quarters or more of the flats near campus come fully furnished, probably because they are catering to students. We do not want a furnished flat because all of our furniture is less than a year old and we really like it and it's stressful enough worrying about a toddler damaging carpet and walls, let alone someone else's furniture! So we're really limited on what we can get for housing. I'm sure we'll find something that works for us though.

What an adventure this will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment