Monday 23 April 2012

3-Month Sponsored Slim





I've been doing a sponsored slim since the end of January and I'm finally in my final week. Sunday is our weigh-in and so far I've lost just over a stone during the slim and a whopping 27 pounds since the 7th of January!

I've really enjoyed participating in the slim. We've been in the paper a few times and in a national magazine as well. The newspaper will be there for the final weigh-in and also doing a write-up about a big charity auction we're throwing in two weeks to celebrate the end of it and raise a lot of extra money. We're throwing a childrens party earlier that same day for 50 children and I'm so excited to take Izzy to it. It's going to be so much fun.

I've also met a lot of new people and made new friends through it. I've really enjoyed the social aspect. It's such a shame that I'll be moving to Glasgow soon.

And, of course, I've helped raise money for a great cause. Our charity is called Stillborn & Neonatal Death Charity (SANDS). They spend money on research and supporting parents who've lost a child before it's born or during birth. We've been doing it all in memory of a little boy who was stillborn. His mother is an amazing girl. 

Overall, it's been a great experience and I would absolutely do this kind of thing again. But I'm looking forward to the end!


No comments:

Post a Comment