Thursday 5 April 2012

A Thought for Thursday {2}


Right now I'm supposed to be sitting in an office in the Portland, Oregon area working as a psychologist. Maybe married, maybe with one or two kids but the job is what I wanted most.

Instead, I ended up working in Human Resources in Silicon Valley. After a few years there I put my trust and faith in a man I only knew via the internet and phone, sold virtually everything I owned, and left everyone and everything I had ever known to move to England. For love. 

This is not the life I had planned.

This is not the life I'd ever even dreamed of.

But this life right here, this life that was waiting for me... it's amazing. 

I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful little boy that I love with ever fiber of my being. I'm a stay-at-home mom. Days are long and difficult but they're good. They're spent with two people I adore and two people who adore me.  They're spent making the kind of memories I wouldn't have had in that other life--that life I had planned. And on top of it, they're spent in a beautiful foreign country.

I have it good. And I'm lucky to be living this life that was waiting for me.

Elf House Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment