Thursday 26 July 2012

Random Thursday {1}



If you were given the opportunity to have an all expenses paid vacation, where would you go? Who would you take with you? What would you pack? You may take this post in any direction you want. Don't forget pictures!! We wanna see it all!

ICELAND


I have dreamed of going to Iceland for years. Every time I mention I want to take a trip to Iceland people make faces and say, "Why?!" These people must know nothing about Iceland. They have the Northern Lights, the Blue Lagoon, and some seriously beautiful countryside. 

The Aurora Borealis
 via

I want to see the Northern Lights before I die. This picture is of Hotel Rangá in Iceland. Can you imagine staying there? There's a hot tub outside so you can stay warm and comfortable in the snow while watching the aurora. How amazing would that be?

The Blue Lagoon
via 


Iceland has many geothermal spas but the Blue Lagoon is the most famous. The temperature of the water ranges from 37–39 °C (98–102 °F) while you're out in the cold Icelandic air. The water is very rich in minerals and is said to have healing powers and to help with skin conditions, especially psoriasis. You can view their live webcam here.

Icelandic Horseback Riding
via 

You can take horseback riding trips to all sorts of places in Iceland and in all sorts of weather including snow! I think it would be prettiest in the summer myself though.

Dog Sledding with Greenland Huskies
 via

Can you imagine the thrill of being pulled by all of these huskies? That must be an awesome experience and one that not many people experience in their life. I'd love to try it!

Gullfoss
 via

This is Iceland's most famous waterfall. It falls into a deep canyon and I don't know what to say about this other than it looks absolutely beautiful and I would love to see it.

And so much more!

 I could spend all day going on about all the things to see and do in Iceland.... ice caving, hiking around some amazing scenery, whale watching, Puffin Island tour, visiting the capitol city Reykjavik, Jeep tours, 4x4 off road adventures... I could seriously list more. 





3 comments:

  1. :))))Can I come with you? Iceland is one of my most favorite countries! Beautiful pictures! Your blog is gorgeous! I'll follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back! I was so surprised to see someone else list Iceland. I honestly get the strangest looks from people when I mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrr...too cold for me! My pick was Bora Bora, but to tell you the truth...now that I think of it...most of my dream places to visit are tropical...turquoise water type of places...

    ReplyDelete